Gemstone Engagement Rings in Costa Mesa, CA
Exquisite Rubies, Emeralds, Sapphires and more. Explore our celebrated Gemstone Ring collection.
Celebrate with a Gemstone Engagement Ring from Nathan Alan
Step into a world of timeless beauty and unmatched elegance with our stunning collection of gemstone engagement rings in Costa Mesa, CA from Nathan Alan Jewelers. Crafted with precision and designed with the most captivating gemstones, our engagement rings stand as a testament to the unique love stories they symbolize.
Gemstones have been celebrated for centuries because of their colorful tones and uniqueness. Rubies, Emeralds, Pink Sapphires, Blue Sapphires, and Morganite are just a small example of the many colored gemstones that have been used in engagement rings. Princess Diana and Duchess Kate brought the beauty of a blue sapphire center stone embraced by gorgeous white diamonds to the world.
Visit South Coast Plaza’s only independent jeweler and discover how we craft brilliance into every love story with exceptional quality, personalized service, exquisite design & great value. Find stunning gemstone ring designs and our very best engagement rings in Orange County
Celebrate with Nathan Alan Jewelers. Call us at (714) 545-8337.
Gemstone engagement rings can feature colorful center stones or be shown as fashionable accents. Our most requested custom gemstone engagement rings include sapphires, emeralds and rubies. Whether you're looking for a classic design or a one-of-a-kind masterpiece, our gemstone engagement rings offer a touch of sophistication and individuality that will make your proposal truly unforgettable.
Ready to Buy a Gemstone Engagement Ring in Orange County?
Count on Nathan Alan Jewelers to provide expertise, help try on rings, answer questions and guide you to decide on gemstone engagement rings with confidence. Discover your exquisitely tailored, high-quality masterpiece that will forever inspire conversations and compliments, and become the perfect expression of your love.
Rubies, Emeralds, Sapphires and more
Choosing the best gemstones for engagement rings is a deeply personal and symbolic decision. Your selection should reflect your partner's style, your love story, and your shared dreams. Colorful gemstones like sapphires, emeralds, or rubies offer a stunning and unique alternative to diamonds and have been celebrated by royalty and legends like Princess Diana, Lady Gaga, Victoria Beckham and many more.
Ruby Engagement Rings
Ruby engagement rings are a passionate and striking choice for couples who want to express the depth of their love with a burst of intense red. These fiery gemstones symbolize romance, vitality, and a profound connection, making them a perfect representation of the love you share.
Rubies are known for their exceptional hardness and vibrant color, ensuring a ring that remains as vibrant as your love throughout the years. When you choose a ruby engagement ring, you're not just selecting a gem; you're choosing a love that's as bold and enduring as the color itself.
LEARN MORE: Ruby Engagement Rings
Sapphire Engagement Rings
Sapphire engagement rings are a timeless choice that exudes elegance and significance. The deep, mesmerizing blue hue of sapphires symbolizes loyalty, sincerity, and everlasting love, making them a perfect representation of a committed relationship.
These stunning gemstones come in various shades, from classic royal blue to romantic pastels, allowing you to select the one that resonates with your partner's personality and style. Sapphires are not only incredibly durable but also boast exceptional brilliance, making them a practical and beautiful choice for an engagement ring that will stand the test of time. When you choose a sapphire engagement ring, you're not just embracing tradition; you're embracing a love that will endure for a lifetime.
LEARN MORE: Sapphire Engagement Rings
Emerald Engagement Rings
Emerald engagement rings offer a touch of timeless sophistication and a vibrant connection to nature. These lush green gemstones symbolize growth, fertility, and renewal, making them a meaningful choice for couples embarking on a lifelong journey together. The rich green hue of emeralds conveys both elegance and a sense of tranquility, creating a stunning contrast to the traditional diamond ring.
Their exceptional rarity and unique beauty ensure that an emerald engagement ring stands out as an exquisite and distinctive symbol of your love. When you choose an emerald ring, you're not just selecting a gem; you're choosing an enduring love story rooted in nature's beauty.
LEARN MORE: Emerald Engagement Rings
Frequently Asked Questions about Gemstone Engagement Rings
Yes, a gemstone ring can absolutely be used as an engagement ring. While diamond engagement rings are the most traditional choice, many people today are opting for gemstone engagement rings that feature sapphires, emeralds, rubies, or other precious and semi-precious stones.
These gemstones can add color and individuality to the ring, and the choice of gemstone can have personal significance to the couple. The key is to choose a gemstone that is durable enough to withstand everyday wear, as engagement rings are typically worn every day.
Absolutely! It is perfectly acceptable not to have a diamond engagement ring. Many couples today are choosing alternative gemstones, such as sapphires, emeralds, or rubies, or even non-traditional materials like moissanite, for their engagement rings. These options can be just as stunning and meaningful as diamond rings.
The choice of an engagement ring should reflect the unique preferences and values of the couple. Some reasons to consider non-diamond engagement rings include cost-effectiveness, a desire for a unique and colorful ring, or ethical concerns related to diamond sourcing. Additionally, non-diamond rings can be just as durable and beautiful, making them a fantastic choice for those who want to break away from tradition.
Ultimately, the most important thing is that the engagement ring symbolizes the love and commitment between the couple. So, it's absolutely okay and even encouraged to explore the wide variety of options available and choose a ring that resonates with your personal style and values.
Several gemstones are excellent choices for engagement rings due to their durability and timeless beauty. Some of the most popular gemstones for engagement rings include:
- Diamond: Diamonds are the traditional choice for engagement rings. They are renowned for their durability and brilliant sparkle. The 4 Cs (cut, color, clarity, and carat) are used to evaluate and select a diamond that suits your preferences and budget
- Sapphire: Sapphires, especially blue sapphires, are known for their durability and rich color. They are an elegant and vibrant alternative to diamonds. Princess Diana's sapphire engagement ring, now worn by Kate Middleton, brought sapphire engagement rings into the limelight.
- Emerald: Emeralds are prized for their lush green hue. While they are slightly softer than sapphires or diamonds, they can still make stunning and unique engagement rings. They require a little extra care to ensure their longevity.
- Ruby: Rubies are captivating red gemstones symbolizing love and passion. They are durable and can create a striking and romantic engagement ring.
- Moissanite: Moissanite is a lab-created gemstone that closely resembles the brilliance of diamonds, but is more affordable. It is a popular choice for those seeking a budget-friendly alternative to traditional diamonds.
- Aquamarine: With its soothing blue color, aquamarine is an attractive option for engagement rings. It is relatively durable and can add a refreshing touch to your ring.
- Morganite: Morganite's soft pink or peachy hues make it a charming and feminine choice for engagement rings. While not as hard as diamonds, it is still suitable for everyday wear.
- Amethyst: Amethyst's violet tones can bring a touch of uniqueness to your engagement ring. It is moderately durable but may require more care to prevent scratches.
When selecting a gemstone for an engagement ring, consider not only its visual appeal but also its hardness and suitability for everyday wear.
Setting a gemstone in a ring is a skilled and precise process that requires the expertise of a professional jeweler. Here are the general steps involved in setting a gemstone in a ring:
- Select the Gemstone: Choose the gemstone you want to set in your ring. Consider its size, shape, and cut, as well as the type of setting that will complement the stone.
- Design the Setting: Work with a jeweler to design the setting for your gemstone. This includes deciding on the metal (common choices are gold, platinum, or silver) and the overall style of the ring, such as a prong setting, bezel setting, or channel setting.
- Prepare the Gemstone: Ensure the gemstone is properly cut and polished, and that it fits the chosen setting. The jeweler may also examine the stone for any flaws or inclusions that could affect the setting process.
- Create the Setting: Craft the ring's setting, which holds the gemstone in place. The setting is usually made by bending, soldering, or shaping the chosen metal to secure the stone. Prong settings use metal claws to hold the gemstone, while bezel settings encircle the stone with metal.
- Secure the Gemstone: Depending on the setting type, the jeweler will secure the gemstone in place. For prong settings, the jeweler will carefully bend and position the prongs to hold the gemstone securely. In a bezel setting, the metal is molded around the gemstone to encase it.
- Finishing Touches: The jeweler will make sure the gemstone is level, secure, and properly aligned within the setting. They will also check the overall aesthetics of the ring, ensuring it is polished and free from any defects.
- Quality Control: A skilled jeweler will perform quality checks to ensure that the gemstone is set securely and that there are no imperfections in the finished ring.
- Final Polishing and Cleaning: The ring will be polished and cleaned to restore its shine and remove any debris or residue from the setting process.
- Presentation: Your beautifully set gemstone ring will be ready for you to admire and, if it's an engagement ring, to propose with!
It's important to rely on a reputable and experienced jeweler to ensure your gemstone is set securely and beautifully. They can also provide guidance on the best setting style for your gemstone, considering both aesthetics and durability.
Visit Nathan Alan or give us a call at (714)545-8337 to get your gemstone ring questions answered.
When looking to buy fine gemstone rings, there are several reputable sources to consider:
- Local Fine Jewelry Stores: Nathan Alan Jewelers in Costa Mesa’s South Coast Plaza offered a wide selection of gemstone rings. We provide detailed information about the gemstones, such as carat weight, cut, clarity, and color.
- Custom Jewelers: If you have a specific design in mind or want a personalized gemstone ring, we can create a one-of-a-kind piece to your exact specifications.
- Ethical and Sustainable Brands: If you're concerned about the ethical and environmental impact of your purchase, take confidence in this: Nathan Alan specializes in ethically sourced and sustainable gemstones.
Yes, gemstone engagement rings have gained popularity in recent years and an increasing number of couples are opting for gemstone engagement rings for various reasons. Here are some factors contributing to the popularity of gemstone engagement rings:
- Unique and Personal: Gemstone engagement rings offer a wide range of colors and varieties, allowing couples to choose a gemstone that reflects their unique style and personality.
- Symbolism: Gemstones can have specific meanings and associations. For example, sapphires symbolize loyalty and fidelity, while emeralds represent love and rebirth. These meanings can add depth to the engagement ring's symbolism.
- Ethical and Sustainable: Many people are concerned about the ethical and environmental issues surrounding diamond mining. Gemstones can be ethically sourced, and lab-created options are available, making them an attractive choice for those with ethical concerns.
- Budget-Friendly: Gemstone engagement rings often cost less than their diamond counterparts, making them an appealing option for couples on a budget or those who would rather allocate their resources elsewhere.
- Celebrity Endorsement: The visibility of gemstone engagement rings worn by celebrities and public figures, such as Princess Diana's sapphire ring or Kate Middleton's, has contributed to their popularity.
- Durability: Certain gemstones like sapphires and rubies are highly durable, making them suitable for everyday wear, just like diamonds.
- Trendsetting Designs: Jewelry designers have been creating stunning and innovative designs using gemstones, attracting those who seek distinctive and eye-catching pieces.
The choice between a gemstone or diamond engagement ring ultimately depends on the preferences and values of the couple.
Wearing gemstone rings can be a stylish and meaningful addition to your jewelry collection. Here are some tips on how to wear gemstone rings:
- Mix and Match: Don't be afraid to mix different gemstone rings on the same hand or with other types of rings like plain bands or diamond rings. This can create a unique and personalized look.
- Coordinate with Your Outfit: The color of the gemstone should complement your outfit. For example, if you're wearing a blue dress, a sapphire or aquamarine ring can be an excellent choice.
- Balance Your Look: Pay attention to the size and style of the gemstone ring. If you're wearing a large, eye-catching gemstone, consider keeping the rest of your jewelry more understated.
- Symbolism: Gemstone rings often have symbolic meanings. Consider the significance of the gemstone, whether it represents a birthstone, an anniversary, or a personal connection.
- Ring Size: Ensure the gemstone ring fits comfortably. A well-fitted ring should slide easily over your knuckle but not be so loose that it spins or falls off.
- Personal Style: Ultimately, your choice of how to wear a gemstone ring should align with your personal style and preferences. Jewelry is a form of self-expression, so wear it in a way that makes you feel confident and beautiful.
Remember that there are no strict rules when it comes to wearing gemstone rings. It's all about showcasing your individual style and personal connection to the gemstone.
Some of the most commonly requested engagement rings with colored gemstones include:
- white sapphire
- blue sapphire
- pink sapphire
- green sapphire
- teal sapphire
- yellow sapphire
- emerald green
- red ruby
More Helpful Engagement Ring Resources
- How to Choose an Engagement Ring
- Lab Diamond Engagement Rings: Lab Diamonds are real diamonds and should be certified by the Gemological Institute of America (GIA). Many benefits exist, including reduced costs.
- Engagement Ring Settings: Everything you need to know about selecting the perfect setting for your engagement ring
Plan Your Gemstone Engagement Ring Visit with Nathan Alan
Nathan Alan Jewelers has served the community of Southern California for over 43 years. We are the only independent jeweler in Orange County’s famous South Coast Plaza. Visit us today or call (714)545-8337 to reach our experienced team.
Schedule an Appointment
Pick a date below that you would like for your appointment.
South Coast Plaza
3333 Bristol St Ste 1875
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Customize Your Ring
Build a customized ring by selecting from the shape, weight, and additional details in the form below. For all other fine jewelry, please use the Contact Us form or call Nathan Alan at (714) 545-8337.
What is your favorite shape for your ring?
Preferred carat weight for your center stone?
What is your ideal budget? (diamond & setting)